Saturday, December 26, 2009

Bakuretsu Tenshi

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS? WHYYYYY?

Let me explain that cry. The main characters of Bakuretsu Tenshi are named Jo, Meg, Amy, and Sei. (What happened to Beth?) As a person who has the script version of Little Women memorized (sadly), That automatically means I can't take this manga seriously. However, if it was a manga fanfiction-y thing then that would be at least a little bit less odd. BUT the characters don't act like their cheesy, annoying classic literature counterparts. If I were to draw parallels between the Bakuretsu Tenshi characters and Little Women, then I would say that Jo acts like a combination of John and Mr. March, Meg acts like a slutty combination of Jo and Amy, Amy acts like Beth, and Sei acts like Meg. MOREOVER, it seems that Meg is in love with Jo and wants to sleep with her. I was already mentally scarred enough by working on the show of Little Women. Manga is making the mental scarring worse! It's creating new, stranger wounds! AAAAAHHH~

Anyway. Now for the actual plot of Bakuretsu Tenshi. It seems that Jo and Meg are on the run from the law. That is all I could gather halfway through the manga. I stopped reading it because it seemed to be going nowhere.

This manga makes my head spin. If they're going to steal characters from Little Women, why did they have to omit Aunt March? She was my favorite character! (Besides, the main characters need someone to yell at them.)

Anyway, I rate this manga 4 out of 10. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I didn't work on the show of Little Women, but I doubt it.

I only read about 8 chapters of this, but considering that it's out of 16, I'd say that's the farthest I've gotten, relatively speaking, in a manga that I didn't finish.

I know that I still didn't read Blue Heaven, but I'll read it later. I am LAZY.

No comments:

Post a Comment