Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Amatsuki

Amatsuki is a manga about a guy who is doing some new form of studying the Edo period, that is, putting on glasses that make everything look like it would in the Edo period and then walking around a building pretending he's gone back in time. Apparently something happens, though, and he gets stuck in the Edo period with no way of getting out. He has to get used to his new life and stuff.

While it has an interesting concept, Amatsuki was so boring I only read four chapters of it before deciding it wasn't worth my time. It's not captivating at all, the plot is just plain dull, and the art is pretty shitty too. So yeah. It seemed like an interesting concept, and I'm sure there are plenty of other people who can really get into it and enjoy it, but I am not one of those and I don't feel like reading any more of it when I could instead be reading something great. Never again will I force myself to read something as tedious as Detective Conan. Oh, and, just to put things into perspective, Detective Conan was easier to read and more interesting than Amatsuki. Detective Conan is 703 chapters of the same thing! So yeah.

Amatsuki bores me, but it's not like 'OMG HORRIBLE WORST MANGA I HAVE EVER READ'. I think I'll give it a 3 out of 10. Yeah, that works.

Asterisks are fun to type~

***

So yeah. On to something more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment